SmashFuse is a new social startup that has recently launched in the last 30 days. It allows you to search across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Vimeo, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram & Vine all in one place, at the same time, or individually. The platform is great for finding content ideas, trending topics and information, across social platforms in real time. Of course there are a number of social search sites out there, however, SmashFuse is so simple and clean I find it one of the best.
To perform a search all you need to do is simply enter your query, select the networks you want results from, or simply “select all”and within seconds you will have relevant search results displayed on your screen in a responsive real-time dashboard.
Having such a powerful social search platform at your fingertips could prove extremely useful for brands and businesses. A few examples of how it could be utilised are:
- Brand monitoring – A great way to track your brand mentions on social networks for FREE, is to use SmashFuse, to track your brand or product keywords.
Other uses could be:
- Market research – Easily monitor competitor activity on branded terms or campaigns.
- Real-time conversation discovery – Easily discover highly relevant conversations around keywords and terms that you can engage in.
- Content curation – Easily find highly relevant content that you can share with your audience.
Of course brands and business aren’t the only ones who can use such a powerful platform, a few ways that individuals can utilise the platform are:
- Real-time breaking news – As of today (30/04/2014) Bob Hoskins died from pneumonia. You can see how SmashFuse tracks the conversations and news about this topic in the following screen shot.
- Entertainment – The new Star Wars cast was also announced this week, you can use the platform to easily track the conversations/posts around this topic.
- Content discovery – I’ll use the example of the #mondaymotivation hashtag to show how you can liven up your Monday morning, by tracking the hashtag to find content that can put a smile on your face.
Now more than ever journalists, media outlets and individuals are turning to social media to find breaking news, as people at these news events Tweet, Instagram or post as they happen. If you really want to track what is going on and track social data in real-time SmashFuse is a tool you need to be using!